A person who is transcribes spoken words by typing them into the steno machine in Courtrooms known as Stenographer. Staff Selection Commission conducts a recruitment exam for the post of SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & Grade ‘D’ every year. Candidates who are applying for Stenographer posts will be recruited in various Ministerial and Governmental Departments. The candidates can get all the important information about SSC Stenographer 2019 from this article.
Staff Selection Commission will release the official notification for SSC Stenographer. The application form will be released on
September 17, 2019. September 20, 2019. Candidates can fill the application form from the official website of SSC ie. ssc.nic.in.
SSC Stenographer recruitment 2019
- Candidate must have passed 12th class or its equivalent.
- Candidate must be an Indian Citizen, a subject of Nepal, Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee.
- Candidate’s age must be between 18 to 30 years.
SSC Stenographer recruitment Schedule 2019
|Last date to apply online||15 October 2019|
|Admit card||To be announced|
|SSC Stenographer Exam||To be announced|
|Result||To be announced|
SSC Stenographer Pay Scale 2019
Candidates who are selected for Grade ‘C’ posts will get pay scale Rs. 9300-34800 and grade pay Rs 4200 and the candidates who are selected for Grade ‘D’ posts will get pay scale Rs. 5200-20200 and grade pay Rs. 2400.
SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria 2019
If you wish to apply for SSC Stenographer 2019, you have to fulfil some eligibility criteria which are decided by the Staff Selection Commission.
SSC Stenographer 2109 Nationality
Candidate must be:
- An Indian Citizen OR
- A subject of Nepal OR
- A subject of Bhutan OR
- A Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- An Indian origin person who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
SSC Stenographer Age Limit 2019
A candidate who wishes to apply for SSC Stenographer post must be completed 18 years of age and not exceed than 30 years of age.
- For the post of SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’, the candidate’s age must be between 18 to 30 as on 1/1/2020 i.e. candidates born on or after 02-01-1990 and born before or on 01-01-2002.
- For the post of SSC Stenographer Grade ‘D’, the candidate’s age must be between 18 to 27 as on 1/1/2020 i.e. candidates born on or after 02-01-1993 and born before or on 01-01-2002.
- According to the rules of the Indian Government, candidates of the reserved category have been given an exemption.
|Category||Age Relaxation||Category||Age Relaxation|
|SC/ST||5 years||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities (SC/ST)||8 years|
|OBC||3 years||Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service||Up to 40 years of age|
|PwD (unreserved)||10 years||Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service (SC/ST)||Up to 45 years of age|
|PwD (OBC)||13 years||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.||Up to 35 years of age|
|PwD (SC/ST)||15 years||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried. (SC/ST)||Up to 40 years of age|
|Ex-Serviceman||3 years||Service Clerks in the last year of their colour service in the Armed Forces||Up to 45 years of age|
|Candidate domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir||5 years||Service Clerks in the last year of their colour service in the Armed Forces (SC/ST)||Up to 50 years of age|
|Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities||3 years||Retrenched census employees of the office of the Registrar General of India||3 years|
SSC Stenographer Educational Qualification 2019
The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission for Document Verification will be required to produce the relevant Certificates such as Mark sheets, Provisional Certificates, etc. for completion of Intermediate/ Higher Secondary/ 10+2/ Senior Secondary in original as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification.
SSC Stenographer Application Form 2019
If you fulfil all the eligibility criteria to fill the application form of SSC Stenographer 2019, you can directly apply from the official website of Staff Selection Commission i.e. ssc.nic.in. The application form will be available from
September 17 20 September 2019 to October 15, 2019.
Application Form: Click Here to apply for SSC Stenographer.
- Those candidates who belong from the Unreserved and OBC category will have to pay ₹100/- only as an application fee.
- Those candidates who belong to SC/ST, Women, PWD, Ex-Servicemen are exempted from the payment.
- Fee can be paid through SBI Challan/ SBI Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card.
- The application form received without the application fee will not be considered. It will be rejected.
How to apply online for SSC Stenographer?
- Firstly you have to visit the official website i.e ssc.nic.in
- Click on the Apply icon that is given on the top of the site.
- Click on the Steno ‘C’ & ‘D’ tab.
- If you are applying for the first time for any SSC recruitment, You have to do one time registration.
- Enter the personal details like Aadhar Number, Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of birth, Gender, Highest Qualification, etc.
- Enter your mobile number and email id for ‘one-time password’ verification.
- Now upload the required files like Pic, Signature, etc.
- After a one-time registration, you are ready to apply online.
- Login through email id and password.
- Fill the other related information and click on submit.
- Pay the application fee through SBI Challan/ SBI Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards.
- After the final submission, save the application form for reference.
SSC Stenographer Selection Process 2019
Candidates who are going to apply for SSC Stenographer can find the information about Steno selection process here:
- Those candidates who submitted their application form with application fee on time will be called for the computer-based examination.
- Based on the marks scored in the Computer-based test, the candidate will be shortlisted for the Skill Test.
- The skill test is mandatory but qualifying in nature.
- The candidate who qualifies the skill test will be considered for the final selection process on the basis of merit in the Computer Based Exam.
- The final merit list will be prepared on the basis of CBT and document verification.
SSC Stenographer 2019 scheme of examination
The computer-based examination contains three parts. The question paper will be objective type. Questions will be in Hindi and English except for Part III. There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong question.
|Part||Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Time duration|
|I||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 Hours|
|III||English Language and Comprehension||100||100|
SSC Stenographer syllabus 2019
For Computer Based Exam
General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Similarities and differences
- Problem Solving
- Discriminating observation
- Decision Making
- Relationship concepts
- Visual Memory
- Arithmetic Reasoning
- Verbal & Figure
- Classification Arithmetical number series
- Non-verbal series
- Abstract ideas & symbols
- Relationship arithmetic computation
- analytical functions of abstract ideas & symbols
- Indian Geography – Soil in India, Indian Crops, Farming and Irrigation in India, Indian Rivers, etc
- Indian History – Indian Independence Movement, Mughal Empire, etc
- Indian Constitution & Scientific Research
- Indian Polity
- Art and Culture
- India and World Economics Scenes
- Awards and Honours
- Countries, Currencies, and Capitals
- Government Policies and Schemes
- Indian Economy
- Events and affairs of National and International Importance
- Indian Neighboring countries
- Sports Science and Technology
- Books & Authors
English Language and Comprehension
- Basic English Grammar & sentence structure
- Parts of Speech – Noun, Pronoun, Verb, Preposition, Conjunction
- Active and Passive Voice
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Fill in the Blanks
- Sentence Correction
- Cloze Test
- Phrases and Idioms
- Antonyms and Synonyms
- Spotting errors
- Para jumbles
- Phrase Replacement
- Comprehension Reading
- 80 words per minute (w.p.m.) for the post of Stenographer Grade D
- 100 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade C.
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||English||50|
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||Hindi||65|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||English||40|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||Hindi||55|
SSC Stenographer Previous years Cut off
SSC Stenographer Grade C and D Cut off 2018
|Category||Cut off marks (Grade C)||Cut off marks (Grade D)|
SSC Stenographer Cut off – 2017 (Grade C and D)
|Category||Cutoff (Grade C)||Cutoff (Grade D)|
SSC Stenographer Grade C and D Cut off – 2016
|Category||Cutoff (Grade C)||Cutoff (Grade D)|
SSC Stenographer: Official notification
Now you are aware of all the information about the SSC Stenographer exam in detail. To know more information you can check the Official website of SSC Stenographer, read to find the information Of syllabus, pattern, cut-off, eligibility criteria and much more.